Crispy Chip Candy Mix Recipe
My grandchildren love to help me prepare this recipe. The mix makes a great gift gift because it looks pretty layered in a jar and speeds up the process of creating yummy candies.
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. Place coconut in a small resealable plastic bag; set aside. In a 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid, layer the cereal, chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, pecans and cherries. Place bag in jar. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare candy: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Stir in candy mix and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in coconut. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 123 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Crispy Chip Candy Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC