Crispy Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, flour and seasonings. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cereal mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 184 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Chicken
"I was looking for ways to use up leftover crisp rice cereal and this worked. I didn't think the coating stuck to the chicken well enough. If I use this recipe again, or any other like it, I will coat in flour, then butter, then the coating mixture. That's the only way I know to really make coatings stick."
"One of the easiest recipes I've ever made and it was delicious."
"My husband and son just though that this recipe was ok. I asked my family would they like for me to make it again they replied yes it was good."
"This has become a family favorite. Yummy and quick!"
"The Best!!! Had to cook longer."
"I make this often...It is so easy and is very flavorful!"
"This was easy enough for my nine year old daughter to make herself. It turned out really good."
"Nice flavor! The ingredients are simple. I prepared this recipe because I had all the ingredients on hand. A good dish that I will make again."