For this recipe, I use boneless chicken breasts—one of my favorite quick-cooking cuts of meat. David helps me crumble cereal for the coating. Some of our best quality time is spent in the kitchen.—Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, flour and seasonings. Place butter
- in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cereal
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a
- meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.