Crispy Chicken Wontons Recipe
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounce) wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Plum or sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrots and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and oil; brush over wontons. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with plum or sweet-sour sauce. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 157 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer