- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounce) wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Plum or sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrots and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and oil; brush over wontons. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with plum or sweet-sour sauce. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Wontons
Sort By :
"One of my son's favorite recipes! I usually use a little bit of cabbage and onions instead of the water chestnuts."
"This was one of the dishes I served to my party of eight, recipe wasn't modify, nobody liked it including my self and I wouldn't make it again."
"Delish...I wouldn't change a thing...except maybe double the recipe!!"