Crispy Chicken Strips Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 1-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and bread crumbs. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl.
- 2. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then in potato mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 3 servings.
One serving equals 327 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Strips
"This is by far the best chicken strips I have ever made. The chicken was tender and the outside has the perfect amount of crispiness. Easy recipe with fantastic results at the dinner table."
"Very good and I usually do not care for chicken strips."