Crispy Chicken Strips
From Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Dawn Hart shares an easy method for dressing up chicken. She rolls strips in a quick coating made with potato flakes and bread crumbs, then cooks them for a couple minutes in a skillet.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 1-in. strips. In a
- shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and bread crumbs. Place egg
- substitute in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg substitute, then in potato mixture. In a large
- skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is
- golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 327 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1-1/2 starch.