From Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Dawn Hart shares an easy method for dressing up chicken. She rolls strips in a quick coating made with potato flakes and bread crumbs, then cooks them for a couple minutes in a skillet.
Recommended: 33 Fast Food Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 1-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and bread crumbs. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg substitute, then in potato mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken Strips in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p14
Reviews forCrispy Chicken Strips
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Very good and I usually do not care for chicken strips."