From Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Dawn Hart shares an easy method for dressing up chicken. She rolls strips in a quick coating made with potato flakes and bread crumbs, then cooks them for a couple minutes in a skillet.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 1-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and bread crumbs. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg substitute, then in potato mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken Strips in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p14
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2016
"This is by far the best chicken strips I have ever made. The chicken was tender and the outside has the perfect amount of crispiness. Easy recipe with fantastic results at the dinner table."
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Very good and I usually do not care for chicken strips."