From Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Dawn Hart shares an easy method for dressing up chicken. She rolls strips in a quick coating made with potato flakes and bread crumbs, then cooks them for a couple minutes in a skillet.
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 1-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and bread crumbs. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg substitute, then in potato mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken Strips in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p14
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Very good and I usually do not care for chicken strips."