Crispy Chicken Strip Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add pecans and cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Transfer to a greased foil-lined baking sheet; cool completely.
- 2. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, tarragon and lemon peel. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Add chicken strips to flour mixture in batches; seal and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then return to bag and coat again.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 4. Break the pecans apart. Toss the greens and lettuce with vinaigrette; arrange on individual plates. Top with raspberries, chicken strips and pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 508 calories, 38g fat (6g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Strip Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.