Crispy Chicken Strip Salad Recipe
Serve this attractive main-dish salad for a luncheon with friends, and you're sure to win raves. Well-seasoned chicken strips, raspberries and candied pecans top a bed of fresh greens flavored with a fruity vinaigrette.—Lillian K. Julow, Gainesville, Florida
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add pecans and cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Transfer to a greased foil-lined baking sheet; cool completely.
- In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, tarragon and lemon peel. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Add chicken strips to flour mixture in batches; seal and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then return to bag and coat again.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Break the pecans apart. Toss the greens and lettuce with vinaigrette; arrange on individual plates. Top with raspberries, chicken strips and pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken Strip Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Strip Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review