Crispy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until toasted. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, hot pepper sauce and remaining sugar.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, noodles, pineapple, celery and onion. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Break apart sugared almonds; sprinkle over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.