Crispy Chicken Nibblers Recipe
"I like foods that are simple and scrumptious and have a little Italian flair," writes Lora Pioll-Rohrich of Everett, Washington. "We enjoy these chicken nuggets with mashed potatoes and corn."
- 3/4 cup Corn Chex
- 1/3 cup cornflakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup canola oil
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Coat chicken pieces with egg, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil to 375°. Cook chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
12 pieces equals 409 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Nibblers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC