Crispy Chicken Nibblers
"I like foods that are simple and scrumptious and have a little Italian flair," writes Lora Pioll-Rohrich of Everett, Washington. "We enjoy these chicken nuggets with mashed potatoes and corn."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup Corn Chex
- 1/3 cup cornflakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup canola oil
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process
- until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. In a
- shallow bowl, beat the egg. Coat chicken pieces with egg, then place
- in bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 375°. Cook chicken pieces in oil
- for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain
- on paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 12 pieces equals 409 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium,