- 3/4 cup Corn Chex
- 1/3 cup cornflakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup canola oil
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Coat chicken pieces with egg, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 375°. Cook chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken Nibblers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 52
Reviews for Crispy Chicken Nibblers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2012
"My granddaughter loved this. I didn't add the Italian seasoning - just a tad of oregano. Very easy to make. Will absolutely make again (my granddaughter made me promise that!)"