Crispy Chicken Cutlets
This is an easy entree I proudly serve to company. Try it for your next spur-of-the-moment dinner party or family dinner. Even your most finicky eater will be singing its praises—and yours!—Debra Smith, Brookfield, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat
- egg white. In another shallow bowl, combine the pecans, flour, salt
- and pepper. Dip chicken in egg white, then coat with pecan mixture.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat
- for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 418 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.