For this recipe, I use boneless chicken breasts—one of my favorite quick-cooking cuts of meat. David helps me crumble cereal for the coating. Some of our best quality time is spent in the kitchen.—Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, flour and seasonings. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review