- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, flour and seasonings. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Chicken
"I was looking for ways to use up leftover crisp rice cereal and this worked. I didn't think the coating stuck to the chicken well enough. If I use this recipe again, or any other like it, I will coat in flour, then butter, then the coating mixture. That's the only way I know to really make coatings stick."
"This was quick and easy to make and it tasted great. I couldn't ask for more! :)"
"One of the easiest recipes I've ever made and it was delicious."
"My husband and son just though that this recipe was ok. I asked my family would they like for me to make it again they replied yes it was good."
"So easy and delicious! I used chicken tenders and baked them 35 minutes in a glass pan. The whole family loved them."