Crispy Cheese Twists
My grown son enjoys these cheese twists so much that I'll often bake an extra batch for his stocking stuffer. They make a great anytime snack.
#151;Mary Maxeiner, Lakewood, Colorado
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic and pepper; beat until light
- and fluffy. Stir in cheese, milk, parsley and dill. Gradually add
- flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. log; cut
- each in half and twist together. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 20 twists.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 74 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.