Crispy Cheese Twists Recipe
My grown son enjoys these cheese twists so much that I'll often bake an extra batch for his stocking stuffer. They make a great anytime snack. #151;Mary Maxeiner, Lakewood, Colorado
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in cheese, milk, parsley and dill. Gradually add flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. log; cut each in half and twist together. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 20 twists.
Originally published as Crispy Cheese Twists in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p32
Reviews for Crispy Cheese Twists(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review