Crispy Caribbean Veggie Wraps Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 22 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once. When cool enough to handle, cut the potato in half. Scoop out the pulp discarding shell; place pulp in a small bowl and mash. Stir in the beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin, jalapeno and garlic.
- 2. Lightly brush water over all four edges of one wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Spread 1 tablespoon filling along one edge of wrapper; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 3. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spritz wraps with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Yield: 22 appetizers.
1 each: 42 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for Crispy Caribbean Veggie Wraps
"this is one of my go-to recipes. Love it."
"These are awesome!! I had a group of friends over and they were a hit. The flavor is great, and they are easy to make."
"I found this recipe in my magazine and decided to make it for my vegetarian friend. They were so delicious I made them again for a party a couple weeks later and they were gone in minutes! It's very easy and inexpensive to make..."
"DE-LISH! These were totally awesome. I made them with egg roll wrappers because I read the ingredients wrong, but still turned out amazingly tasty."
"awesome.... I also made an avovado ranch dip for them and stuffed some with cilantro lime chicken.. excellent apps.."
"I clicked on "view this recipe now" and nothing comes up. ?????Elizabeth"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.