“Filled with a sweet potato mixture, these delicious wraps are great for vegetarians and they’re relatively high in fiber, too,” raves Mary Beth Harris-Murphree of Tyler, Texas. Served with salsa, they’re sure to disappear from appetizer trays fast.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 22 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once. When cool enough to handle, cut the potato in half. Scoop out the pulp discarding shell; place pulp in a small bowl and mash. Stir in the beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin, jalapeno and garlic.
- Lightly brush water over all four edges of one wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Spread 1 tablespoon filling along one edge of wrapper; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spritz wraps with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Yield: 22 appetizers.
Originally published as Crispy Caribbean Veggie Wraps in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p51
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Crispy Caribbean Veggie Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review