Crispy Cajun Potato Wedges
A sprinkle of Cajun seasoning lends spunk to these hearty, cornflake-coated wedges. “My husband, Jim, and I love potatoes, so I’m always trying to come up with new, lower-fat recipes,” notes LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- In a shallow bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise, dressing mix and 1/2
- teaspoon Cajun seasoning. In another shallow bowl, combine
- cornflakes and remaining Cajun seasoning. Cut each potato into eight
- wedges; dip in mayonnaise mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Arrange in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan
- coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or
- until tender and lightly browned, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 8 potato wedges (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 444 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 2,173 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.