- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds bass, bluegill or crappie fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add fish, one piece at a time; shake to coat. Whisk eggs and water in a shallow dish. Place potato flakes in another shallow dish. Dip each fillet in egg mixture, then coat with potato flakes. Dip fish again in egg mixture and potato flakes.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook fish in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding oil as needed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Cajun Panfish in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crispy Cajun Panfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review