Crispy Butter Cookies
These cookies are easy to make and taste so good. They're very crisp and light, perfect with milk or coffee.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture
- and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for
- 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.