Crispy Beer Battered Fish Recipe
Roasted Russet & Sweet Potato Wedges Recipe >
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 cups crushed unsalted top saltines (about 40)
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, baking powder, salt, Creole seasoning, paprika, cayenne and 1/2 cup flour. Stir in milk and beer until smooth. Place crackers and remaining flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in batter and coat with crackers.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fish in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cod fillet equals 513 calories, 27 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Beer Battered Fish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.