Crispy Beer Battered Fish Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 cups crushed unsalted top saltines (about 40)
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, baking powder, salt, creole seasoning, paprika, cayenne and 1/2 cup flour. Stir in milk and beer until smooth. Place crackers and remaining flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in batter and coat with crackers.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fish in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crispy Beer Battered Fish(5)
Sort By :
made this last night i and my boss enjoyed it and there is no leftovers for the kids
I used Guinness as my beer of choice and Panko instead of saltines. Tastes great!! Thank you for this recipe! My cod has never looked or tasted so good.
This is excellent! It crisps back up nicely in the oven the next day too!
Loved this breading! I usually use a store bought beer batter mix, but will be doing the recipe more in the future. I didn't notice it called for unsalted crackers and used the salted ones I had on hand instead. Thought it might taste too salty but did not.
Excellent! Very good. Didn't change a thing. Will make again.