Crispy Baked Onion Rings Recipe
These crispy, lightly browned rings from Della Stamp of Long Beach, California are a healthy alternative to the deep-fried version. Thyme and paprika enhance the flavor of the tender onions.
- 1 pound sweet onions
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings and place in a bowl. Cover with ice water; soak for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, thyme, salt, paprika and pepper. Divide the crumb mixture among three large resealable plastic bags. Dip a third of the onions in the egg whites; add a few rings at a time to crumb mixture and shake to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining onions and crumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Onion Rings in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p11
Reviews for Crispy Baked Onion Rings(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Onion Rings >