Crispy Baked Corn Flake Chicken Recipe
I took a recipe off a box of baking mix and altered ti to make it easier. The result was this moist oven-fried chicken with a thick golden coating that's a lot crisper than the original. —Angela Capettini of Boynton Beach, Florida
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1. Drizzle butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, flour and seasoned salt. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in cornflake mixture. Repeat.
- 2. Arrange chicken in prepared dish, meatier side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC