- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Drizzle butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, flour and seasoned salt. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in cornflake mixture. Repeat.
- Arrange chicken in prepared dish, meatier side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Baked Corn Flake Chicken
"Like others, I used 3 eggs instead of the egg substitute and put the dry ingredients in a zip top bag. I thought the breading was good--just wasn't crazy about it on the chicken. However, I will be trying it on pan fried fish--think it would be really good like that."
"I tried this tonight for something different on the taste buds and even my pickiest eaters LOVED IT!! I forgot to remove the skin but it was still delish. Also, I too used 3 beaten eggs instead of the substitute. I also didn't bother flipping the chicken, but I will next time as it took about an hour to cook. Enjoy"
"I made this tonight, and really liked it! When I flipped the chicken it seemed a little on the dry side, so I drizzled a bit of olive oil on it to moisten a bit more. The only thing that I would do differently is when I put it in the egg then in the breadcrumbs, much of the mixture began to come off on my fingers. Next time, I might use a fork to dip the chicken in the egg/crumb mixture, or put it into a plastic bag to coat. But the flavor was wonderful, I'll make this again!"
"My family liked it. Didn't have egg substitute so just used 3 eggs and it turned out great."
"My family loved these drumsticks and so quick and easy to make"