Crispy Baked Corn Flake Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Drizzle butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, flour and seasoned salt. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in cornflake mixture. Repeat.
- Arrange chicken in prepared dish, meatier side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Baked Corn Flake Chicken(6)
Sort By :
I made this tonight, and really liked it! When I flipped the chicken it seemed a little on the dry side, so I drizzled a bit of olive oil on it to moisten a bit more. The only thing that I would do differently is when I put it in the egg then in the breadcrumbs, much of the mixture began to come off on my fingers. Next time, I might use a fork to dip the chicken in the egg/crumb mixture, or put it into a plastic bag to coat. But the flavor was wonderful, I'll make this again!
My family liked it. Didn't have egg substitute so just used 3 eggs and it turned out great.
My family loved these drumsticks and so quick and easy to make
Absolutely one of my favorite meals! Taste like fried chicken without the grease and so easy to make.
Sound great and frying...thanks will try it this weekend...
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >