Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl combine the first six ingredients. Pour milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Baked Chicken(11)
Sort By :
This is the only "fried" chicken I make. Super easy and taste great!!
Everyone I have made this for can't believe it's baked not fried. My husband is picky and he loves it.
I made this for dinner .. It was good and will make it again...
My bf loved it; he says #1 spot on the list of faves!
I recently found the contest-winning recipe (from 1991 I believe) called "Sunday Fried Chicken," and that is the one I'll be using from now on.