- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl combine the first six ingredients. Pour milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Baked Chicken
Sort By :
"Excellent. Used just wings cut in two pieces. Breasts might dry out cooked 50 minutes. Just had a day old leftover- yummy."
"This is the only "fried" chicken I make. Super easy and taste great!!"
"Everyone I have made this for can't believe it's baked not fried. My husband is picky and he loves it."
"I made this for dinner .. It was good and will make it again..."
"My bf loved it; he says #1 spot on the list of faves!"