Crispy Baked Cauliflower
Elvera Dallman, Franklin, Nebraska
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 6 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Cover
- and cook for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder,
- paprika and pepper. Place cornflake crumbs in another resealable
- bag. Lightly beat egg whites in a shallow bowl. Toss the
- cauliflowerets one at a time in flour mixture, then roll in egg
- whites and coat with crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425°
- for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 92 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,