Crispy Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine hoisin sauce and sesame oil; brush over chicken. In a shallow bowl, combine panko and sesame seeds; dip chicken in mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, divide salad greens between two plates. Top with peppers, carrot, mushrooms and onion. Slice chicken; place on top. Sprinkle with almonds and drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 salad equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Crispy Asian Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.