Crispy Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine hoisin sauce and sesame oil; brush over chicken. In a shallow bowl, combine panko and sesame seeds; dip chicken in mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, divide salad greens between two plates. Top with peppers, carrot, mushrooms and onion. Slice chicken; place on top. Sprinkle with almonds and drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 salad: 386 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Crispy Asian Chicken Salad
"I came to the website to check the recipe after seeing it in the magazine also.. the picture looks Yummy. But this is the wrong recipe.. although the salad sounds absolutely delicious and I will be making soon."
"I saw this in the magazine - The picture doesn't match the recipe (doesn't match it here, or in the magazine). I know this doesn't count as a review, but there's no "there's a problem with this recipe" button."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.