Crispy Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. Pour 5 tablespoons butter into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine biscuit mix and parsley. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with biscuit mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and orange juice. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until preserves are melted; stir until combined. Drizzle over chicken; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 539 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Crispy Apricot Chicken
"Since I've not tried this, yet, giving 4 stars. Definitely sounds lie a winner. Saving in quick to cook recipe folder"
"Would really LOVE to see a review by someone who ACTUALLY MADE THIS RECIPE!"
"Delicious! I subbed liquid egg whites for butter and olive oil for canola oil. I used 4 oz chicken breasts and it calculates to 320 calories and 9 grams of fat! Will definately be making this again and again!!!"
"I eliminated the butter and used egg whites instead. I also fried the chicken in olive oil. It turned out fantastic. Super easy recipe and very yummy!"
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time. I completely remove the butter and spray my chicken with cooking spray. I also cook it in olive oil and it turns out delicious!"
"I would cut the fat & calories by substituting a beaten egg or egg substitute for the 6 tablespoons of butter (100 calories, & 11 grams of fat per tablespoon), especially because you're cooking the chicken in additional oil and butter."
"What do you suggest to serve with this? I have such a hard time with deciding on side dishes."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.