Crispy Apricot Chicken
Briana Roell's tasty chicken has a crispy coating flecked with minced fresh parsley. The Indianapolis, Indiana cook drizzles a simple fruit sauce on top for a refreshing main course.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. Pour 5 tablespoons
- butter into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine biscuit
- mix and parsley. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with biscuit
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over
- medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and
- orange juice. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until
- preserves are melted; stir until combined. Drizzle over chicken;
- cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.