Briana Roell's tasty chicken has a crispy coating flecked with minced fresh parsley. The Indianapolis, Indiana cook drizzles a simple fruit sauce on top for a refreshing main course.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. Pour 5 tablespoons butter into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine biscuit mix and parsley. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with biscuit mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and orange juice. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until preserves are melted; stir until combined. Drizzle over chicken; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Chicken in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crispy Apricot Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review