Crispy Almond Strips Recipe
Remember sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on pieces of pastry dough and popping them in the oven along with the pie you just helped make? That's what these crisp strips taste like.
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cut butter in flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in sour cream until blended. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a ball and flatten. Wrap tightly and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar on a lightly floured surface; roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. square. Combine the almonds, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Using a rolling pin, press nut mixture into dough. Cut into 1-in. strips; cut each strip widthwise into thirds.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Almond Strips in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p18
Reviews for Crispy Almond Strips(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review