Crisp Walnut Cookies
"This is a terrific way to bake fresh cookies in minutes," assures Alice Walcher of North Fairfield, Ohio. Easy one-bowl preparation results in yummy treats that are crisp and chewy at the same time.
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and sugar. Beat in oil,
- eggs and vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 169 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.