"This is a terrific way to bake fresh cookies in minutes," assures Alice Walcher of North Fairfield, Ohio. Easy one-bowl preparation results in yummy treats that are crisp and chewy at the same time.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and sugar. Beat in oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Walnut Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p43
Reviews for Crisp Walnut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review