- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and sugar. Beat in oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Walnut Cookies
Sort By :
Everyone I have made these for loved them! I have substituted pecans, chocolate chips, coconut, and raisins and they always turned out crispy and chewy at the same time. What an easy recipe!
A family favorite! Sometimes I omit the walnuts and still have a plain but delicious cookie. Other times I add white chocolate chips to the cookies to make them extra special. Any way you make them they are super yummy!
These cookies are wonderful, great taste, and so quick to make. I did change the recipe a bit since I didn't have enough eggs ... I used 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil - and the cookies turned out lovely, crispy, chewy - even my picky kids liked them! I will also try these with different flavored cake mixes in the future! Thank you!!