Crisp Waldorf Salad
This crunchy salad is a perfect side to accompany a heavy meal. With it's light and crisp flavors, it'll be the hit of the party.—Susan R Falk, Eastpointe, Michigan
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large green apples, chopped
- 2 large red apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the yogurt, honey and cinnamon until blended. Pour over apple
- mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.