Crisp Tossed Salad Recipe
My mom got this recipe from a friend; it's a re-creation of a salad at a favorite restaurant. It's crisp, crunchy and colorful, with a slightly sweet homemade dressing everyone will enjoy. —Emily Dennis, Hancock, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion and bacon. Top with cheese.
- 2. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice. Pour over lettuce mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 348 calories, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC