Crisp Tossed Salad Recipe
My mom got this recipe from a friend; it's a re-creation of a salad at a favorite restaurant. It's crisp, crunchy and colorful, with a slightly sweet homemade dressing everyone will enjoy. —Emily Dennis, Hancock, Michigan
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion and bacon. Top with cheese.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice. Pour over lettuce mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Tossed Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p45
Reviews for Crisp Tossed Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review