- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion and bacon. Top with cheese.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice. Pour over lettuce mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Crisp Tossed Salad
"We love this salad; however, I cut the sugar back to 1 or 2 tsp and only use 1/2 cup mayo - just to make it a bit healthier. Great for family and company."
"This salad works beautifully with a full meal. It tastes so good, my family wants to keep the recipe for a long time to come."
"Crunchy and delicious. LOVE this salad!"