Crisp Tomato Zucchini Salad Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cover and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place zucchini in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large serving bowl; sprinkle with salt. Add the tomatoes and onion.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce and garlic; shake well. Pour over vegetables and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 63 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Crisp Tomato Zucchini Salad
"I really liked the flavors in this recipe. I may put less red onion in next time because it was just a little too much bite for me. Great recipe!!!!"
"Our family loved this. We deemed it "a keeper"."