Crisp Tomato Zucchini Salad Recipe
"Tomato Zucchini Salad is a crisp, colorful salad tossed with a delicious Dijon-tarragon vinaigrette," notes Suzanne Kesel of Cohocton, New York. "Try it in summer, too, when you can use fresh items from your garden."
- 2 cups water
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cover and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place zucchini in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large serving bowl; sprinkle with salt. Add the tomatoes and onion.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce and garlic; shake well. Pour over vegetables and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC