Crisp Sunflower Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, coconut and sunflower kernels.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 197 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Crisp Sunflower Cookies
"I recall preparing these cookies and I'd rolled the dough into balls after placing on baking sheets. I baked cookies 12 to 15 minutes at 350o F. This recipe was considered very good! delowenstein"
"These cookies are fantastic. You really should try them. I've taken them to gatherings and people can't stop eating them. My family doesn't like coconut, so I left it out. I can't tell there's anything missing."