- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, coconut and sunflower kernels.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Sunflower Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p64
Reviews for Crisp Sunflower Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2012
"These cookies are fantastic. You really should try them. I've taken them to gatherings and people can't stop eating them. My family doesn't like coconut, so I left it out. I can't tell there's anything missing."