Crisp Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out cookies into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"My very first cut-out cookies and they are great . . . thin and crisp and with such a gorgeous delicate flavor that just melts in the mouth and dazzles the senses . . . thank you"
"My parents were going to an elder's outing and I needed to fix something to help them out, so I made these-delicious"
"These are the best, my family loves them."
"I've tried a couple other sugar cookie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. Its absolutely the best! Been making it for years! I dont try others any more."
"Didn't make nearly as much as I thought it would."