Crisp Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out cookies into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Sugar Cookies(5)
Sort By :
I've tried a couple other sugar cookie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. Its absolutely the best! Been making it for years! I dont try others any more.
Didn't make nearly as much as I thought it would.
I made these cookies a long time ago, then lost the Taste of Home magazine that the recipe was in. They were so good that they're still on my mind, years later. It occurred to me to check the internet! So glad I've found them. They're delicious.
After the first time we were hooked on "Crisp Sugar Cookies." Because there's just 2 of us, we make a half-sized batch.
They're good for an every-day snack and they're great for company, too. These cookies are terrific.
These cookies are very good! I rolled them pretty thin so they are very crisp. I may frost them next time and see how that works out. This recipe is a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sugar Cookie Recipes >