- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out cookies into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Sugar Cookies
"My very first cut-out cookies and they are great . . . thin and crisp and with such a gorgeous delicate flavor that just melts in the mouth and dazzles the senses . . . thank you"
"My parents were going to an elder's outing and I needed to fix something to help them out, so I made these-delicious"
"These are the best, my family loves them."
"I've tried a couple other sugar cookie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. Its absolutely the best! Been making it for years! I dont try others any more."
"Didn't make nearly as much as I thought it would."
"I made these cookies a long time ago, then lost the Taste of Home magazine that the recipe was in. They were so good that they're still on my mind, years later. It occurred to me to check the internet! So glad I've found them. They're delicious."
"After the first time we were hooked on "Crisp Sugar Cookies." Because there's just 2 of us, we make a half-sized batch.They're good for an every-day snack and they're great for company, too. These cookies are terrific."
"These cookies are very good! I rolled them pretty thin so they are very crisp. I may frost them next time and see how that works out. This recipe is a keeper."