Crisp Sugar Cookies Recipe
My grandmother always had sugar cookies in her pantry, and I now regularly bake these wonderful cookies to share with friends. We grandchildren would empty that big jar quickly because those cookies were the best! —Evelyn Poteet, Hancock, Maryland
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out cookies into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC