Crisp Sugar Cookies
My grandmother always had sugar cookies in her pantry, and I now regularly bake these wonderful cookies to share with friends. We grandchildren would empty that big jar quickly because those cookies were the best! —Evelyn Poteet, Hancock, Maryland
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and
- refrigerate for 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out
- cookies into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.