Crisp Sugar Cookie Mix Recipe
I rely on this mix for these light sugar cookies for years, even selling it at bazaars. I package it in a plastic bag tied with pretty ribbon and attach a cookie cutter and copy of the recipe. —Eneatha Attig Secrest, Mattoon, Illinois
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Colored sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- 2. To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add 4 cups cookie mix; mix well. Cover and chill 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen per batch.
1 serving (2 each) equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Crisp Sugar Cookie Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC