- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add 4 cups cookie mix; mix well. Cover and chill 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen per batch.
Reviews for Crisp Sugar Cookie Mix
"This recipe makes baking cookies so much easier! The mix makes a wonderful gift idea... Easy and delicious."
"These were the best. I made them all and then frosted them as I needed them during Christmas, which made them easier to store over the holidays. The have a great taste. My family loved them."
"This is one of my favorite homemade gifts to give. In addition to being easy to make, I've baked up the cookies as well, and they're delicious!"
"Love this idea for a gift! :)"