Crisp Sugar Cookie Mix Recipe
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add 4 cups cookie mix; mix well. Cover and chill 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen per batch.
Originally published as Crisp Sugar Cookie Mix in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p19
Reviews for Crisp Sugar Cookie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2013
"This is one of my favorite homemade gifts to give. In addition to being easy to make, I've baked up the cookies as well, and they're delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2011
"Love this idea for a gift! :)"