Crisp Side Salad Recipe
"The light dressing Craig Miller serves over his crunchy combination of colorful salad fixings contains just a hint of sweetness. "I like to make the dressing ahead to let the flavors blend," remarks the Torrance, California cook.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 3/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon whole almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; shake well.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, zucchini, carrots, celery and onions. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Top with the croutons, almonds and sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 204 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Crisp Side Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC