Shaped like delicate snowflakes, these crisp rosettes make a lovely winter dessert. Field editor Rita Christianson of Glenburn, North Dakota points out, "We make these Norwegian treats for Christmas and special occasions."
15 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Gradually add
- flour; beat until smooth.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat 2-1/2 in. of oil to
- 375°. Place rosette iron in hot oil for 30 seconds. Blot iron on
- paper towels, then dip iron in batter to three-fourths the way up
- the sides (do not let batter run over top of iron). Immediately
- place in hot oil; loosen rosette with fork and remove iron.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack covered with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving. Yield: about
- 2-1/2 dozen.