Crisp Potato Skins
Like a new late-night snack, appetizer or after-school treat? This onewhich comes from the Potato Boardpacks plenty of crunchy goodness...and just think of all the soup, mashed potatoes, fried patties and casseroles that you'll be able to make with the leftovers!
6 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min.
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Coarse salt, sour cream, chopped chives and/or bacon bits
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool, then
- cut into quarters lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/8-in. shell.
- Reserve pulp for use in other recipes. Increase oven temperature to
- 500°. Combine butter and soy sauce; brush on both sides of
- skins. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until
- crisp. Top with coarse salt, sour cream, chives and/or bacon bits.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 236 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer