Crisp Peppermint Patties Recipe
Mint lovers will delight in every bite of these original crisp cookies. They not only taste wonderful, they're attractive as well.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate-covered peppermint patties, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, melted peppermint patties and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the surface cracks. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC