- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate-covered peppermint patties, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, melted peppermint patties and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the surface cracks. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Peppermint Patties in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p30
Reviews for Crisp Peppermint Patties(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review